Skip to content

You should monitor carbon monoxide levels if you are burning gas, kerosene and wood to generate heat in your house for heating or cooking. Carbon monoxide can build to hazardous levels quickly and is not odorless. Normal carbon monoxide sensors don't alarm until certain amounts of the gas are present in the air. You can now monitor the carbon dioxide levels in the air to act before they reach dangerous levels. You can get the best Carbon dioxide detector on our place.

What causes carbon monoxide to enter the air of your home?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is the most toxic of all combustion products that are created by burning gas,Guest posting kerosene and wood to generate heat or for heating or cooking. Carbon monoxide is the most toxic combustion byproduct that occurs when gas,Guest Posting kerosene, or wood are burned to produce heat for cooking.

Fuels that do not completely burn produce Carbon Monoxide, as well other combustion byproducts. For fuel burning appliances to work efficiently, they need fresh air. The risk of poisoning is low when the fuel is properly burning and there is ample fresh air. When there is poor ventilation, or if the appliance does not work properly, carbon dioxide is released. This can slowly kill anyone who has no idea what is going on.

Before I was even born, many years ago, the gas stove of my grandmother leaked carbon monoxide. Someone stumbled into the room and miraculously saved her.


You can identify the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning by knowing what to look out for. If you are living in a home with too much carbon dioxide, your body will alert you. The symptoms of different carbon monoxide concentrations and different exposure periods are different.

Carbon monoxide is often mistaken with flu symptoms in mild exposures. The symptoms include sleepiness and fatigue. They may also be accompanied by a slight headache, dizziness or flushed face.

The mild symptoms become more severe as the exposure progresses. They include a severe headache, dizziness, confusion and shortness of breathe. The signs of imminent death include unconsciousness, convulsions, and cardio respiratory failure.

When you experience flu-like signs or symptoms in yourself or members of your family and your home is filled with gas, kerosene, or wood you need to immediately assess if this could actually be an early indication of carbon monoxide poisoning.


You can use two different types of detectors to detect carbon monoxide in your home.

The carbon monoxide alarms are similar to smoke detectors and sound when the levels of carbon monoxide reach dangerous levels. They are cheap, but like smoke detectors, they only sound an alarm when the carbon monoxide level in your house is nearing dangerous.

Carbon monoxide monitoring devices provide you with a constant numerical reading to show the concentration of carbon monoxide and alerts you when levels are dangerous. The monitors cost $50 or less and will show you the carbon monoxide levels at any time. Carbon monoxide can be detected at low levels with a monitor. This will ensure that you and your family are safe.